Saturday, September 6, 2008

How Much Do Caregivers Make?

Well, I always thought caregivers made at least USD$10 an hour... I later found out that some agencies, and there's one in particular I'm not too fond of, gives caregivers a measly $7.50 an hour! If it doesn't sound too bad for you, that particular agency charges their clients $18/hour and up! I don't like counting other people's money, because that's their business, but when you take advantage of a hard working individual, then that's a different story.

A regular caregiver who is just starting out should at least make $9/hour. After your probationary period, you should start making $10 to $13 per hour. These rates are for live-out caregivers.

In many cases you're asked to live-in, where you won't be paid by the hour, but instead per stay. They make around $120 per day. It's a great deal since you don't have to worry about food and lodging.

No comments: